Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day (if you celebrate it)

Valentine's Day ugh. I really, really don't like this day. It's not because I've had crappy Valentine's days in the past although the year josh got me card and stuck $60 in it was pretty bad. It just seems like strictly a way for companies to squeeze more money out of us. And when did it become unacceptable to just give your significant other just a card, i mean when did us women become so materialistic that it had to be diamonds or some other ridiculously expensive item that we got. Honestly as cliche as it sounds I would much rather get flowers, a love note, or even a piece of jewelry on some completely random day because my hubby was thinking about me and wanted to surprise me. Not because the calendar told him to. So if you're a fan of V Day i hope it's everything you want it to be, if not, Happy Wednesday, isn't it great that you got to wake up and live another day on this beautiful planet?

PS i posted like 6 things yesterday be sure to check 'em out!

1 comment:

Mrs Salas said...

I totally share your same ideas of V-day... I have been with the man for 7 yrs. We dont do the foofy foofy thing but MAYBE for the kids. I totally understand your ideas and values of this stupid holiday!!!